Pearson (Edexcel) BTEC HND
What is Pearson (Edexcel) BTEC HND?
Edexcel BTEC qualifications are awarded by Pearson, the UK’s largest awarding body offering academic and vocational qualifications that are globally recognized and bench marked.
BTEC is the world’s most successful and best-loved applied learning brand, engaging students in practical, interpersonal and thinking skills for more than thirty years.
Over 100,000 students worldwide choose BTEC HNDs every year.
You can learn more about the qualification on the Pearson website:
What do I get after I finish my BTEC HND?
- You will get your BTEC HND certificate and statement of results from Pearson.
- You’ll be able to join the final year of a bachelor’s degree in business administration at many UK universities. Just google “top-up degrees” or go to the UCAS site and search “top up business administration” and you’ll find many UK universities offer 1-year top-ups.
Is Maldives Business School authorized to conduct the BTEC HND?
Maldives Business School is a college registered with the government of the Maldives (Registration No. 166/A-5/2013/13). We are a Pearson center (Center No. 93266) authorized to conduct the BTEC HND in Business (Management) and other courses. We are located in Malé, Maldives. We conduct many other courses which are approved by the Maldives Qualifications Authority.
Are my tutors qualified to teach this course?
Yes, absolutely. They hold Master’s or higher degrees.
Do my tutors speak good English?
This course is taught by non-native English speakers. They will speak with foreign accents and may pronounce some words differently from you.
How is the course taught?
Classes are conducted online in a virtual classroom. You will need:
- One of the following devices connected to the internet, webcam and microphone
- Desktop computer
- A stable internet connection of 2 mbps or higher
- Recommended text books; This will be shared with you before each module
What resources do i get?
- Online Library : You will have access to the Questiaschool online library with over 8 million books, academic journal articles, magazine articles and encyclopedia articles.
- Student Portal: This will give you access to the syllabus, presentations, class recordings, assignment briefs, grades and marked assignments with feedback.
What are the entry requirements?
A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Business or a related Level 3 qualification.
Two passes at C and above at GCE or GCSE Advanced Level in related subjects.
Five passes at C and above at GCE/GCSE Ordinary Level in relevant subjects and 2 years’ documented work experience.
How do I pay my fees?
You can pay online by going to our website and clicking the “Pay Fees” button.
This facility will be available towards the end of July 2017.
When will the course start?
This course is scheduled to start on 9th August 2017.
What are the class timings?
Classes will be held at the following times:
Saturday: 13:00-17:00 GMT
Sunday: 15:00-19:00 GMT
- Business and the Business Environment
- Marketing Essentials
- Human Resource Management
- Management and Operations
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Business Project (Pearson-set)
- Innovation and Commercialisation
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Research Project (Pearson-set)
- Organisational Behaviour
- Operations and Project Management
- Understanding and Leading Change
- Global Business Environment
- Business Strategy
- Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations
You pay the equivalent amounts in US dollars.