Bachelor of Hospitality Management
About the course
The Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management will prepare learners for positions in hospitality management in resorts, guesthouses, and other hospitality related businesses.
It is a broad program whose curriculum entails areas such as housekeeping management, front office management and food and beverage services management. It will help students develop a comprehensive understanding of important aspects of managing a business including the business environment, marketing, financial management, business decision making and business strategy. It will give students a firm grasp of how to supervise staff working in the hospitality industry.
As the Maldives has a large number of beach resorts, the curriculum will also develop students understanding and skills in resort management.
Successful completion of this qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment. It enables sideways progression to Masters Degrees, such as an MBA.
- Hospitality Management
- Front Office Management
- Housekeeping Management
- Food & Beverage Production Management
- Business Environment
- Organizations & Behavior
- Marketing Principles
- Managing Financial Resources & Decisions
- Customer Service in the Hospitality Industry
- Human Resource Management in the Hospitality Industry
- Purchasing Management in the Hospitality Industry
- Supervision in the Hospitality Industry
- Aspects of Contract and Negligence for Business
- Business Decision Making
- Business Strategy
- Business Work Experience
- Food and Beverage Services Management
- Resort Management
- Management & Leadership
- Cross Cultural Communication
- Research and Report Writing
- Research Thesis
Answer: All of our courses are MQA approved.
2. I dont have an Associate Degree, what do i do now?
Answer: You can join the Associate Degree from Maldives Business School & continue to your Bachelors Degree.
Got more questions? Give us a call at 3300064 or email us at [email protected]
General Entry: Successful completion of Grade 12 with 2 A’Level passes OR Completion of an MQA approved Certificate Level 4 qualification in a related field OR Completion of a Level 4 Foundation Study Program approved for the specific Diploma program.
Full course: 3 years